Friday, May 24, 2013

DIY Sequin t-shirt (J.Crew knock-off)

I saw this sequin tee on J.Crew's website a while back, but I skipped the $40 price tag and thought it would make a great DIY project for Ella's 9th birthday.

Step 1.  Find a cute tee on clearance.

Step 2. Trace a "9" stencil from google images off of your computer screen

Step 3.  Search your closet for those sequin shorts that were on a extra 50% off markdown when you thought of this project months ago.

Step 4. Pin stencil to the BACK side of shorts.  (I knew this in my head, but my hands kept pinning to the front, 3 tries later, I finally got it!)

Step 5. Cut sequin fabric along stencil line.

Step 6. Squirt fabric glue onto sequin fabric.

Step 7. Wait patiently for it to dry.

Step 8. Admire how cute your little girl looks in her "9" tee, and blush when she comes home from school and exclaims she told everyone at school her mom made her tee, and smile when she asks if you can wash it real quick so she can wear it again tomorrow!



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

You = Amazing.

Anonymous said...

Too Cool!